Monday, January 29, 2007

Monday Musings

On Muses

Last night my muse hit me. Right between the eyes. I tossed and turned for hours as ideas flooded my brain and I tried to decide whether it was worth going in search of pen and paper (I've always been of the 'I’m sure I'll remember this in the morning' club).

It's funny how you don't really choose when inspiration is going to come to you. Perhaps it was the result of a bit of successful spinning or the patchy sunshine we’ve had over the last few days. Whatever it was, by 2am I'd decided that no way was I going to call in for daily supply today. Apart from the obvious draw-backs of the lack of sleep, there is an inherant risk when coming in contact with young children in the classroom that all inspirational thought will be firmly squashed and beaten by the end of the day.

So here I am at home actually writing a book. Who would have thought it.

One day I’ll be a famous author and will never have to go supply teaching again :-)

Ciao, Diane

Last week's Monday Musings

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 12:37 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

they say all good authors work on 1% inspiration 90% hard work and the rest is some type of stimulation (choose wisely) Hope it's a great story, have not had a good read for some time.
Love DaD.

 
At 10:23 am, Blogger Kate said...

I hope it's got alpacas in it. All the best books are about alpacas. And rabbits that wear red hats. :-P

 
At 6:15 pm, Blogger Joanne said...

Good luck! Thanks for dropping by my blog. A good idea is a fabulous start, but also give yourself a chance by learning how the "business" of publishing can work. Wander over to your public library and read up about how to pitch books and attract agents, editors, etc. to your idea. The part about freelancing that people don't hear about is how much business there is, along with the writing...

 
At 10:37 pm, Blogger Heather said...

It's also contagious - I designed 4 threads last night and now only remember 2 of them.
Oh well, off to the spinning wheel for more hands on inspiration!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home