Sunday, January 28, 2007

Hooked

A long chain (sorry) of events yesterday all seemed to flow towards one ultimate conclusion - I crocheted a scarf.

It started with the arrival in the shop of Jan Eaton, author of several crochet and knitting books and unofficial crochet expert at Stash on a Saturday. She had been clearing out and had brought along for our classroom a pile of bits and pieces including a bag of crochet hooks.

A customer came in and happened to ask me about a technique from one of Jan's books, I waved her in Jan's direction and then furtively followed behind so I could listen in.

I then decided that I really had to unpull the one-skein sample scarf I'd made in Koigu as I never really liked it - any excuse to play with Koigu - and decided maybe I could crochet it this time. A bit of help from the expert and I was on my way.

See how it's coming together?... It may have ended there except that we were visiting Neil's sister for the afternoon and since she was confined to the flat after a knee reconstruction so were we for the duration of the visit. Afternoon became evening and pizza and I crocheted happily away through Star Trek and kitten-watching. Until suddenly I was almost out of yarn.

"Um... can I borrow your internet for a minute?" google 'crochet ruffle edgings', back to the couch.

Meanwhile, Neil was itching to get back to his computer (the kitten was asleep and the movie over and he didn't have any Koigu to play with) so I agreed to leave. Due to dodgy weekend tube service I finished the ruffles on the train and darned in the ends while waiting for a change. Blocked last night and thanks to the heating which we can't seem to turn down, dry this morning.

And here it is: The One-day One-skein One-der
Sometime I'll have a go at crochet pattern language and try and write it up for you :-)
Ciao!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 12:04 pm, Blogger Auntie Noo said...

That looks lovely! - and all in a day, isn't that just what we need!!

 
At 1:26 pm, Blogger Kai said...

hmmm koigu!
hmmm crochet... and koigu!

i love the scarf.. :)

 
At 9:14 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The scarf looks great!! Where can I get a fence like that?? Sounds like a good way to spend the day, hook in hand with a good yarn. Happy aniversary!!! Having vetured into the world of needles and wool, I find myself in stiches and it's time to cast off.
Love from DaD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home