Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Something New

There is a bit of a theme going here at the moment on trying new things. Last week, out of the blue, I had a pretty original 'something new' experience. Mum - you should have been there!

A girl rang the shop, it turned out she was a design student. It was a fairly long and involved conversation so I will summarise thus:

Did we sell spindles? - yes
Did I think you could use a spindle to spin steel wool? - hmmm maybe...
If she came in could I show her? - hell, why not!

She came along the following day with her rolls of steel wool and we had a play. Yes, we actually managed to create yarn :-) although it was a bit hard on the fingers. After 15mins or so I had her spindling steel wool - not the optimum medium for learning to spin but what the hey, maybe she'll love it and try merino some time. BTW, her goal was to knit some sort of polishing mitts with the steel yarn on the palms.

We took lots of pics but they're still in Michelle's camera. I'll update the post when I have them.

Have you signed up for the challenge? There's 6 days to go! Don't forget to email me a picture of your swatch etc. so we can tell the world what you've achieved :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home