Saturday, September 09, 2006

Feeling miserable :-(

Well I have finally been struck down (delayed action apparantly) by the nasty bug that had Neil in bed for nearly a week. I think it's a chest infection - sore chest, cough (which hurts), headache, no voice and general malaise (I love that term, it's so deliciously unspecific).

I stayed home Thursday and moped around the house, but had to go to work yesterday as I was running the annual senior choir pyjama party. After a day of grade fours (they were kind to me) I went shopping for milo etc, then there was pizza, talent quest, music quiz, movie and supper. I signed the last girl out at 10:40pm and drove home to collapse into bed.

Today I'm doing nothing. NOTHING. I might sit on the couch a bit and knit, and I may even do some spinning for socks from scratch (I'm nearly finished), but I won't be doing shopping/washing/marking/housework etc and I definitely won't be attending the concert I'm supposed to be singing in this afternoon :-(

On the plus side, I have a legitimate excuse for not attending the interschool sports on Monday (won't that be fun!). The alternative is to take someone else's grade for the day but better than standing around in the cold trying to control bored kids.

I do apologise, more positive post soon I promise.

4 Comments:

At 9:07 am, Blogger Auntie Noo said...

I do hope you feel better soon. Need to get all those nasty bugs out of your system before you travel over here for our winter - although the cold will kill all known germs!!!!! {{{{hugs}}}}}

 
At 9:45 am, Blogger Hellbelle said...

Get well soon :)

 
At 10:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you're not feeling well. Hope you recover soon. just take it easy and spend your time curled up on the sofa with a good film and your knitting. Take care and get well soon. Hugs.

 
At 3:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon! ((hugs))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home