Saturday, February 17, 2007

Weekends are for Spinning

And this may just be useful...


I took a long-awaited trip to the Handweavers Studio this morning and this was the result:

Back issues of Spin-Off, cashmere, throwsters silk waste, mohair tops, Wensleydale curls, polyester fibre, and I went a bit silly on the merino caterpillars :-D (they're all such pretty colours!)

I plan to do a fair bit of experimenting with blending some different fibres over the next few weeks, hence the flick carders (which I was surprised were only £10 for the pair). I'm thinking mohair/merino; merino/silk; merino/curly bits; and want to try a tweed yarn. Watch out for 'Weekends are for Spinning' to see what I come up with.

Before all that though, I need to finish the first 50g of laceweight I've got taking up all my bobbins at the moment (I did think of getting more bobbins but thought that might be a bit dangerous), hopefully I will spin the last 15g or so tonight and ply it up before the weekend is over and it's back to knitting.

Ciao :-)

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 6:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like you have a good plan for the weekend! Enjoy : )

 
At 7:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice plans for the weekend! Post the pix when you're done.

 
At 12:24 am, Blogger Heather said...

It must be heredity. Keep me posted on progress.

 
At 11:36 am, Blogger Kate said...

Pretty colours! Spinning doesn't do anything for me :( but I'm always more than happy to knit up the results!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home