Sunday, February 18, 2007

Eye Candy

I finished up the laceweight. Not 50g in the end - as the second bobbin looked to be filling up much more so I stopped (in fact there was far less on the first bobbin so somewhere I messed up in the weighing out)

Here's a pic, currency comparison in two languages (have you noticed that a 5p is exactly the same as a dime - I'll only use one in future!)

Stats: Fleece Artist merino/silk hand-dyed roving; 2-ply; 33g/300m (painstaking!)

I'm not completely happy - there are a lot more imperfections than I had noticed while spinning. Not very noticable, but when trying to produce a perfect skein, well ... I'm a perfectionist. I have nothing against slubs if I meant them to be there ;-)

I am very much against the idea of spending another three weekends on this yarn but I think I'm going to need at least another 200m or so to support a decent lace project - unless anyone has some brilliant ideas for 300m?

P.S. I'll try to replace this photo with some better ones if I can - it is hopeless trying to take photos in our flat in winter.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 6:14 pm, Blogger Janice said...

Wow that looks amazing, not like my effort. Can't wait to see it knitted up.

 
At 9:55 pm, Blogger Kai said...

it's stunning... :)

i love the colour...

 
At 10:17 pm, Blogger Kay said...

Oooh, that looks beautiful! *pets it*

 
At 11:23 pm, Blogger Heather said...

Very good. You need to have something else on while spinning to utilize the time effectively.
Phone calls (with a headset of course)to your mother,
The cricket on the radio (so you won't be temped to watch it),
Shakespeare's plays on disc.......

 
At 7:39 am, Blogger Queen Frogger said...

Gosh, that yarn must have taken ages to spin. It looks lovely. There are some ideas for roughly that amount of laceweight in Victorian Lace Today. Skinny scarves would be possible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home