Friday, January 26, 2007

[sl2, p3tog, psso] 208 times

Have finished the nupps *dances around the room*

I have only the 20-something rows of border to do and then I get to block
:-D

Trying to stretch out lace knitting to get a good look at it makes me realise several distinct advantages to being an octopus. In fact - imagine how much knitting I could get done if I were an octopus (cooooooool!) anyone know where I can buy octopus arms?

Here is Swallowtail (less a couple of inches knitted since I took the photo):

And here, a glimpse of what it may look like after a good hard blocking (due to lack of octopuses Michelle had to lend a hand):

At this rate, if the weather stays bad and we continue to experience the current lack of customers to interrupt me, I hope to be finished early next week :-D

4 Comments:

At 10:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So should I hope for bad weather and no customers for you? Because that seems wrong somehow. Okay, I wish it for you until Swallowtail is done. Then you can have fab weather and lots of customers.

It always amazes me how nothing lace looks until you block it.

 
At 10:51 pm, Blogger Auntie Noo said...

It's looking gorgeous - can't wait to see it finished and fully blocked it 'll be awesome!

 
At 8:53 am, Blogger Hellbelle said...

The pattern looks lovely in that yarn. Mine grew quite a lot with blocking, but they are very small shawls (although that was what tempted me to it in the first place, I have to admit)

 
At 8:47 pm, Blogger Badger said...

Looking good, and it's a very pretty colour :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home