Sunday, December 31, 2006

Wrapping Up

Well, the year draws to a close. I am sitting at home in peace and quiet having waved a fond farewell to all those who want to go out and battle the crowds and smoke, buy overpriced drinks and come home too late to be able to get up at a decent hour tomorrow and actually enjoy a day off :-D (they may laugh at me but I know I'm better off...)

This has been an eventful year. I spent time discovering new horizons of illness involving much painkillers and surgery; re-discovered knitting; moved to the other side of the world; suffered a career change. No kids yet and looks like we've put them off for a year or so 'cause no way I'm having them in London and we love it here.

Please note the much reduced WIPs list (applause welcome). I have to admit though - it did involve a bit of frogging. The Legolas socks are gone for good - they may become another pair of Fetching as the weather continues to freeze poor Aussie fingers, The silk lace hasn't disappeared but I'm not happy with the pattern so am starting again, and taking the opportunity to go up a needle size so I can use the Knit Picks with their loooong cables when it gets to too many stitches.

The yet-more-socks, otherwise known as the too-smalls, otherwise known as how-many-times-can-you-mess-up-one-sock? have been partially frogged twice more this weekend but I managed to finish one and start the second. Good thing I love the yarn or they would have been ditched long ago.

The Little Red Sweater is finished - I found buttons today and whipped up some baby mitts with the leftovers (did I mention that worsted is really fast) This one's coming your way dear Amanda :-D for that gorgeous little girl!

The rest is there to stay I'm afraid.


I believe this is customary:

New Year's Resolutions

1. Keep the WIPs list under control
2. THE BOOK
3. Use less plastic
4. Drink less (yeah right)
5. Write to pen-friends every month
6. Eat more vegetables
7. Reach for literature rather than detective novels more often (What did I buy today? four Agatha Christies *blush*)

Happy New Year Everybody!

Love Diane xx

3 Comments:

At 2:10 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. I love Agatha Christie. She's classic.

End of the year a perfect time to revisit and review knits. Why keep them on the needles if they're not working out? Much applause to you.

Yikes. Hope the new year is much more healthy!

And who goes out on NYE? Oh yes. The ones that will flinch visibly tomorrow morning(/afternoon) when I will boom greetings uncharacteristically loudly and cheerily at. I can hardly wait.

 
At 7:54 am, Blogger Heather said...

Good for you - we went to bed early too, and did the Happy New Year bit in the morning!

A good and almost believable resolutions list - but where is "post on my Blog more often" ?

And I agree with Carrie - AG and EP are classics ;-)

 
At 7:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's wishing you a Happy New Year. Filled with good fiber, good times and good friends. I'm so glad I "met" you this year! : )

ps I'll be stalking my mailman hehee!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home