Thursday, December 21, 2006

Santa has visited :-)

Santa Claus came early to my house this year, although he wasn't expected. Last Friday a mystery box arrived - open up ...

My new spinning wheel, a week early! All unpacked and assembled it looked like this:

I didn't get much chance to spin on the weekend as I was working, but Monday was a day off and in the afternoon I set to to spin up the hand-dyed rovings I bought from my friend Claire ages ago. She had very thoughtfully dyed them in even colour repeats so I simply split each section and spun them one after another in order. Looking at the colours reminds me of why I said "I'll have those!" as soon as she had posted the picture.

After a quick navaho ply last night, and an evening on the needles, I have one Fetching :-) way to go Joy!

This is one awesome Christmas present. Thanks very much to hubby Neil, and Michelle and Nathalie from work who all put in for the purchase.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 10:13 am, Blogger Cazzie said...

Those gloves look fab - lovely colour yarn you have spun :)

 
At 2:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those look just gorgeous! Wonderful job on the spinning, and I'll just be over here coveting your wheel. =D

 
At 1:11 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your gloves!! Love them, the colors are great. And what a great present too!

 
At 8:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, your Fetching is cute!

Nice spinning wheel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home