Sunday, November 19, 2006

Mmmmm... Cakey goodness :-P

Yesterday was Cake Day at Angel Yarns and a great time was had by all.

Oh the cake!

Neil travelled all the way to Brighton with me just for that cake and by the look on his face it was worth it.

I didn't get any photos of the cake, Bertie ate it all :-D

I was vewy vewy good, and only bought a little bit of stash. Did I mention I am a complete sucker for anything with silk in it. Also I seem to have developed a serious lace habit.

Here's a piccy:

The laceweight is for a shawl for me, original design. The Country Silk, colour 'eggplant' is for the beret in Louisa Harding's 'Hats, Gloves, Scarves' which I have been searching for the perfect yarn for for a while.

On another front, I have thought of a way to keep the nasty WIPs list under control. As I can't bear the thought of knitting ONE thing at a time (ick - need variation) I have decided to go for the 'Categories' method. In a nutshell, I will only allow myself to knit one thing from each of four categories: Socks, lace, garments and gifts. That means I need to do something about the four pairs of socks currently in my sidebar...

Neil didn't approve my theory. "What's to stop you from creating a whole new category every time you want to knit something? Like the blue-alpaca-cardigans category."

Sigh. You guys will just have to keep a close eye on me.

Ciao :-)

3 Comments:

At 9:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rotten fib monster! Bertie is an honourable duck and would never eat all the cake. Only most of it.

 
At 8:26 am, Blogger Heather said...

Sounds like Neil is doing his best to keep you under control; now if you couldn't start another WIP until you had a little bag to put it in - that might work.

Anyone know how to do patchwork?

 
At 4:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your categories are great and perfectly reasonable. A girl needs wips for every mood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home