Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Have finished a WIP!

I managed to delete one WIP from the list - as the cold snap whistled through last week Neil started bugging me for his scarf so I made it a priority for a couple of days. However, as you may have noticed, the list is not, in fact, shorter but longer :-( There's something about sitting all day surrounded by beautiful yarn ...

I did manage to finish something else - it never made it to the list as it was started and off the needles in only two days of frantic my-ears-are-really-cold knitting. It is a cloche style hat in Lorna's Laces Swirl DK. I had lots of fun with developing the pattern and inventing a border. Sorry, I haven't got around to taking photos yet but I will have it up soon and the pattern will follow shortly after. Here's a taster while you wait ...

Here are a couple of the things from the ever-expanding list:

A store sample in Koigu using the cool Dream Swatch from Knit and Tonic. I love the colours! The pattern is fiddly but fun and I definitely recommend it. (Store samples don't count as wip's right? Nathalie's making me do it...really...no encouragement from me at all...)


And here is the latest sock - look, HEEL FLAP! Yes, I am finally doing a heel-flap :-) I'm hoping this sock will stretch as it's a bit tight at only 54 sts on 2.5 mm needles. But it was a nine-stitch pattern repeat so what do you do .... maybe my feet could go on a diet ....


I tried to put up a photo of the shrug as well but all four pictures were blurry so I gave up. You'll just have to imagine it :-D

Ciao ;-)


Labels:

8 Comments:

At 8:47 pm, Blogger Auntie Noo said...

That weather must have come as a bit of a surprise last week! Sounds like you're enjoying the job - I hope so!! Socks look good, as does the store sample, and no I'm sure that doesn't count as a WIP!!!!

 
At 11:58 am, Blogger Heather said...

Of course store samples don't count;-)
Why the sudden diversion into heel-flaps? I thought they were technique non grata? And your feet are probably going to grow more muscles while you are car-less. Can't you knit it (them) on 2.75's or 3mm's?

 
At 1:05 pm, Blogger dianemulholland said...

I thought I'd better learn a heel flap in case someone I knitted socks for preferred them.

I have frogged the too-smalls (sigh) and am starting them again with a slight alteration to stitch pattern and 64 stitches.

 
At 5:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Diane! It was lovely meeting you today at the shop. Hopefully I'll be by again soon with something to show you! Jennifer

 
At 9:02 am, Blogger Michelle said...

Good idea on the frogging. You don't need to cut off the circulation in your feet!

 
At 11:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the shop sample, so lovely! Your socks look amazing, I love the color and the pattern.

 
At 1:12 pm, Blogger Hawkesley said...

Your sock looks lovely, which yarn and pattern are you using??

 
At 8:51 pm, Blogger dianemulholland said...

It's Lorna's Laces Lakeview. The pattern is my own - available here soon I hope :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home