Tuesday, October 17, 2006

My Apologies

Yes, I know it's Tuesday.

Yesterday I was halfway into researching Monday Musings when I got called up to teach. I have been working on the assumption that if I haven't heard anything by about 8:45 it's safe to start proper writing, the kind that has you open several internet windows and spread papers and swatches all over the couch. How wrong I was. It was 10:55 when Protocol rang and said 'just get there as soon as you can'.

I dashed around, made lunch, closed internet windows, saved the one sentence I'd written for MM and left the house. Upon my return I had three glasses of wine and went to bed. 4-year-olds can have that effect.

So, I apologise to those of you who seek out Monday Musings on a Monday, I claim 'natural disaster' as an excuse (that was the being dribbled on bit). The drunk Ukrainian on the train coming home, who obviously wanted to share a lot more than his life story, didn't help either.

Half term next week so I promise I'll be on time :-)

3 Comments:

At 9:02 am, Blogger Auntie Noo said...

Like your Monday Musings this week, very thought provoking!!

How was work yesterday?? You have a mention on their blog!!!!

 
At 4:45 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless all teachers! Really, some day's after voluntering at B's school I wanted to run and hide! So many kids, so loud... damn those kids are fast too! Bless all teachers!! Really, there are some kids you wonder what their parents are thinking or if they are at all.

 
At 10:44 am, Blogger ra said...

was it the drunk Ukranian that dribbled on you or the four year olds?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home