Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Greetings From London!

Whoopeee, we're here! actually, we arrived three days ago but we've been running around like (jetlagged) headless chooks and this is the first chance I've had to relax and catch up on my blogging. For all the news, pop over to mulhollandwanderings.

The survive-27-hours-on-the-plane-without-knitting-by-listening-to-Cast-On plan had a serious flaw: Listening to Brenda chat about knitting when I couldn't knit myself...NOT FUN!! My hands were twitching with the feeling of the absent needles :-( But it did help really. And I LOVE my ipod :-) I think I had it on for about 8-9 hours all up and it was only on about 2/3 battery when we started.

Now I am busily knitting away at my swap socks, I've realised that there's not.much.time until they're due! No photos of anything sorry as I'm still not on my own computer. We hope to be settled soon though.

Ciao, :-)

9 Comments:

At 11:01 am, Blogger Piglottie said...

Glad you got here safe and sound. Hurray for ipods! And welcome to the shores of Blighty!

 
At 11:35 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the UK. Pleased to ehre you got here safely. Hope you settle in soon. Happy unpacking & KNITTING!!!

Take care, Anni (no longer an Angel)

 
At 1:07 pm, Blogger Auntie Noo said...

Glad everything's ok and you're here safely. Are you cold yet????

 
At 9:02 pm, Blogger Badger said...

Helloooo and welcome!

Will see you soon :)

 
At 3:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! Good to hear that you made it ok! Yay for ipods too! ; )

 
At 10:09 am, Blogger Jacqui said...

Hello :o) Welcome to the UK - hope you have a wonderful year.

 
At 4:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to England. I've been a 'lurker' on the 'Angel Yarns' forum and came across your blog here through another connection. Autumn can be beautiful, tho a UK Winter may not be such great fun, but just wait until you see our Spring.!!!! I used to live near Richmond and DH and I spent many Sunday afternoons walking in Richmond Park.
Hmmm I managed to knit socks most of the way to South Africa and back in early August. Hope I still can at Christmas.
Anywayyy just wanted to say hi.
Anne J.
(don't have a blog.....yet!!!)

 
At 5:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear you made it to UK. This blogger idea is great. I'm new to it. Greeting from Steph @ Heathcote in Oz. I'm going to email your mum the photos I took when you were here.

 
At 7:05 pm, Blogger Auntie Noo said...

Nothing to do with your post really, but checkout Knitaround - stash yarns blog from my blogroll, They have a job - and whilst I know you're a teacher, this could be fun for a while?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home