Friday, September 22, 2006

Farewell Solitude

Tomorrow is moving day. Tonight is our last night on our own. We will be co-habiting with my brother and his wife here for a week, then we will be off, and staying with my sister in law and her fiance in London until we find a house. Then we will be sharing with another expat couple. It's a long time (nearly ten years) since I've lived with anyone except Neil and Wormwood so I'm rather interested in how it will be.

Today I took a day off from packing, which was perhaps not the best of plans as there's still so much to do and there's an army arriving at 10:00am tomorrow to carry (preferably full) boxes. But I had had enough, mentally and physically, so I have studiously ignored all the piles of mess and empty boxes.

On Podcasts:
I listened to 'Cast-On' today for the first time - I quite liked it. I am in the process of downloading back-episodes, I have a cunning plan where six or seven episodes of Cast-On will get me through the loooong flight sans knitting THAT'S RIGHT, NO KNITTING ON THE PLANE. What a waste of 27 hours :-( The Malaysia Air guidelines are very clear, no pointy sticks.

A Finished Object Pic:
Here's my LL socks all done - I still have some left over so plan to make a hat to match the little socks :-)

6 Comments:

At 6:43 pm, Blogger Nickerjac said...

I hope your journey is a safe one and if you want a place to hang out to knit whilst in London the door is always open at Stash or many of the knitting groups

 
At 5:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the mini socks! Your big socks look great too ; )
Hope you have a safe trip, that is a loooong time to be without knitting

 
At 12:42 pm, Blogger Hawkesley said...

Love the socks and the mini socks. Which pattern did you knit for the adult socks and which LL colour is that??

 
At 8:25 am, Blogger dianemulholland said...

The big socks are Harebell lace and the baby ones basketweave, both from SKS. The colour is Ravenswood. I have almost finished a hat to match the baby socks and I still have some left - LL rocks!

 
At 11:55 pm, Blogger lexa said...

Very pretty colors! The tiny socks are soooo cute!

 
At 1:01 pm, Blogger Tammy said...

How cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home