Tuesday, August 08, 2006

"Very Selective Book Meme"

Lifted (with thanks) from Tea Reads

1. One book that changed your life:
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho - it was so beautifully crafted, I ran around recommending it to everyone.

2. One book that you've read more than once:
Most of my books! I have some I've read a dozen times but one that comes to mind is A Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovitch.

3. One book you'd want on a desert island:
The Complete Works of William Shakespeare Is that cheating ;-)

4. One book that made you laugh:
Anything and everything by Terry Pratchett. He has an amazing gift for grown-up comedy.

5. One book that made you cry:
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. It changed the way I think about personal rights, family values and our medical choices.

6. One book you wish you had written:
One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr Seuss. and not just because I'd be a millionnaire if I had. I love this book!

7. One book you wish had never been written:
I can't remember the title but it was a crimi set in London. The plot went along happily and the bad guys got caught in the end - then the detective's pregnant wife got murdered. There was no reason for it and the sub-plot-line wasn't even followed up. It was just cheap sob and it made me furious.

8. One book you're currently reading:
Portrait of a Lady by Henry James (Yes still! Every time I pick it up again I have to read the previous two chapters so I can remember where I was up to)

9. One book you've been meaning to read:
There are so many! I keep making lists and piles. In my pile at the moment are: Sugar and other Stories, A.S. Byatt; Coastliners, Joanne Harris; Snow Crash, Neil Stevenson; The Ebony Tower, John Fowles; Villette, Charlotte Bronte; and just a few more...

What about you?!

Ciao :-)

3 Comments:

At 11:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, interesting meme, may use. Unfortunately, I never read a book more than once, so I'll have to miss out that bit. XD

 
At 8:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that where my copy of Ivan Denisovitch went? and I think that was my Complete Works of W.S. too, but the print is too small for me.
When I get my blog up you can see my list.

 
At 8:10 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's see the same list for poems.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home