Sunday, August 20, 2006

Ohh my Head :-/

Last night rocked and we stayed up until about 2:30 playing Scrabble of all things :-) Of course I'm paying for it today but I figure now I'm properly grown up (practically middle-aged!) I can do whatever I want hehe.

Piglottie said make sure I get spoilt - well here's a small portion of the haul...

My much-desired swifty, beautifully made by my very own handy-dad.
And in action...

My new baby :-D (with his own jumper to keep him warm in London)

Definite "you're off to London" theme in a lot of the gifts...

There was lots more including a beautiful journal from my best friend, two sets of toasty pyjamas (also for London!) Chambord liqueuer, 2 lovely hand-knitted scarves from my stepmother, a Borders voucher which I'm hoping to turn into Knitting on the Edge, and other fantastic stuff.

I had an awesome day and don't feel old at all :-)

Ciao!

P.S. Still no wrinkles

6 Comments:

At 12:31 am, Blogger Heather said...

Playing Scrabble is a lovely way to celebrate growing up. Can you remember who won?
It's good to see you are equipped with the most urgent necessities for life in London.
Did you dye the skein in action?

 
At 1:14 am, Blogger Carrie K said...

I love Scrabble, even though I always lose. The board gets covered though. Nice birthday gifts!

 
At 11:44 am, Blogger Heather said...

If 30 is (practically) middle aged, what does that make your 50+ parent?
If I could remember where I put my dyes.......

 
At 1:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great time celebrating! Love all your gifts, your swift rocks ; )

 
At 5:20 pm, Blogger Badger said...

Nothing wrong with scrabble (especially strip scrabble)!

Glad you had fun and that's some nice pressies you got there :)

 
At 7:43 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very belated happy birthday. Just realised you're off to London soon. Hope you enjoy it. Autumn is not the best time in the UK, wet and windy. So bring lots of warm things to wear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home