Saturday, August 12, 2006

First knitting injury?

I have a sore finger :-( I don't remember bumping it or twisting it - the only thing I can think of is that it was caused by yesterday's knitting. I started a stash-eating baby cardigan and have knitted about half the yoke. I have knitted this pattern before, but in different yarn, I have used this yarn for a lot of things, and I am using the same sized needles as usual. So why am I in pain??!! I'm hoping that having mostly recovered (after an evening of no knitting uuggh) I just have to get past the patterning in the yoke and the rest will be fine.

On a cheerier note, check out the great scarf my mum made for SIL's birthday! I'm not a huge fan (read 'can't stand it') of knitting entrelac so I really admire the work that has gone into this scarf and love the finished product. The yarn is tencel and feels beautifully cosy. (P.S. fringing still to be completed.)

Wormwood likes it too :-)

3 Comments:

At 2:32 pm, Blogger Piglottie said...

Your mum's scarf looks lovely - the cat seems impressed too! I hope your finger gets better soon.

 
At 10:38 pm, Blogger blog-blethers said...

Scarf is looking great and even more admirable when you have hated doing it. I felt the same about DD2's dreaded infamous sock - hated doing it but the relief when it was over was worth it! A lovely shot too of your handsome boy ... he's uncannily like my beautiful Marmalade from the back!

 
At 11:48 pm, Blogger Cathy said...

I have just started knitting entrelac and looooooooooove it.

It's something I've been wanting to try for about 20 years and now I have it's great.

Hope the finger feels better soon.

Cathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home