Friday, August 25, 2006

Best Swap Pal Ever !!!!!!!

I've been coming home early from work every night this week just in case my birthday package had come and I had to dash off to the post office :-) Today my diligence was rewarded by the little red and white 'please collect' card waiting for me.

I waved to the cat 'sorry, your dinner has to wait' and hopped back in the car. 'Thanks and bye!' to the nice man in the post office, and try to drive home safely when all I want to do is tear open the box with one hand while steering with the other. Thankfully I managed to restrain myself.

"Could this possibly be a big box full of fish for me?"

And inside ... tantalising fluffy tissue wrapping

A gorgeous card and lots of packages to open carefully

And (drum roll please) loot exposed!

Darling, thoughtful Amanda had sent me an email asking for some more ideas and I tried to keep it broad so I would still be surprised. I think she included just about everything on the list!!

Clockwise from left: Douceur et Soie (soooo soft); scented candles; pop-up kitchen birthday card; Lorna's Laces SS in Ravenswood; Sensational Knitted Socks (has been on my wish-list for ages!); Gardners chocolate and peanut butter bites which I'm dying to try; a beautiful bead necklace (did she make it herself? I think so); and, in response to my 'could you please pop in some kool-aid as we can't get it here' 36 packets!! I need to do some serious dyeing to use it all up :-D

I am definitely the most spoilt girl in the whole swap list THANK YOU AMANDA!!!!

Need to go now so I can play with all my presents :-)

5 Comments:

At 9:05 am, Blogger Heather said...

That is wonderful! Can't wait to try the Kool-ade - don't use it all up before September.

 
At 9:31 am, Blogger Piglottie said...

What a perfect birthday present! Lorna's Laces, Kool Aid and Sensational Knitted Socks - what more could a girl ask for?

 
At 12:49 am, Blogger Carrie K said...

Oh, awesome!

 
At 1:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that everything got to you ok! I had horrible images of Customs! I'm soooo happy to hear that you like everything!! yes, I did make your necklace. I hope it fits ok! I hope you enjoy all your kool-aid, chocolate and yarn ; )

 
At 7:41 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you. What a fab treat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home