Friday, July 14, 2006

A Rainy Day

Well, another week over. September seems to be screaming towards us like a knitter who just spied half price yarn. Today was going to be about gardening, shopping and visiting the post office to do passport stuff. The shopping and passports probably can't wait but I think that knitting indoors might win over pruning the roses and emptying the compost bin.

I know I have been doing lots of things over the last couple of weeks and yet the 'must be done before we leave' list keeps getting longer. I think I'll write another list. At least work seems to be shuffling along happily, although two lots of extra yard duty this week due to timetable mix-ups didn't help.

Goals for today:
Finish blue socks
Write gift tags and card for my birthday swap pal
Cast on for Kat's socks (haven't chosen a pattern yet!)
Bake some afternoon tea for tomorrow
Start extra mystery present for mum (didn't know about that did you mum, you'll have to wait till Tuesday :-D)
Write and print b'day party invitations
Start on some cupboards

Lucky it's not 9am yet!!

Here's some pics: The latest Bea hat, proudly modelled by Teddy, and an almost pair of blue socks.

4 Comments:

At 11:58 pm, Blogger Cathy said...

I make lists all the time too.

I seem to mark 1 thing off and add another 2, 3, 4, no make it 10 to be safe.

It's a bit dreary here today and we have miss 4's outdoor birthday party so hopefully the rain holds off.

Cathy

 
At 9:13 pm, Blogger Badger said...

That hat is so sweet! And the socks look very impressive too :)

 
At 8:28 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I make lists, too, then at the end of the day I write on all the other things I did, just to have the satisfaction of crossing them off.

 
At 8:36 pm, Blogger Juli said...

I just love the hat that your bear is modeling so well! What pretty colors, and SO cute!

Hugs! Juli

 

Post a Comment

<< Home