Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I can still spin!

I actually did some spinning today - I hate to think how long it's been. I was experimenting with spinning some silk/merino top that I have in laceweight. It went very well on the spindle but SO slowly: it took about 5 seconds to spin each arm's length and about a minute to wind on. I will have to use the spinning wheel I think if I'm going to do the several hundred metres that I want. I have never spun this finely on the wheel before though so may need to call on my spinning expert.

Muuum...


Anyway - here's what some of it looks like:


Apologies to all you non-aussies, a 10c piece is about 1 inch in diameter.


I have finished the first peacock sock but sorry, can't post pics as it's a birthday present ;-) I think I will put the second on hold as they are not due until Aug 11th and knit my maple socks in between.

I have sent off my August birthday swap box! It's very exciting to be in a swap and I can't wait. Dear swap pal - please post early as it has to come all the way around the world and I get very impatient at birthday time :-D

Ciao, Diane

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 3:27 pm, Blogger Karen said...

I can't wait to receive my birthday package! I'm away part of next week so I hope it waits to come after I get home. I'll post pictures as soon as I receive it! Hope you included your address so I can THANK YOU!

 
At 8:34 pm, Blogger Juli said...

Hi Diane! You posted a message to the Great Bookmark Exchange wanting to join. Yes! We always have room for new swappers! Just go to the swap blog (www.makinbookmarks.blogspot.com) and copy/paste the survey into an email and send it to me at juliwyant[at]bellsouth.net

Hugs! Juli

 
At 11:16 pm, Blogger Cathy said...

Mums are great for when you need a bit of advice.

I like the sock on your previous post and Patonyle is great to knit with.

It is also really easy to dye as well.

Cathy

 
At 10:35 am, Blogger Donna said...

So spinning has come back in vogue. Reading your entry has brought hack memories for me.
Donna

 
At 11:43 am, Blogger Badger said...

Ooh, you can spin! If you do make it to Ally Pally I shall hunt you out armed with my drop spindle and demand to be taught!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home