Saturday, July 22, 2006

The Australian Sheep and Wool Show

Whew! What a day. We drove up to Bendigo last night and stayed at Cherie's mum's farm. Mum and her friend Audrey needed two days at the show as they talk for too long to everybody so they went up Friday morning on the train and we picked them up in Bendigo after dinner. On Saturday morning we all went off to the show, arriving at about 10:30. I know you want pics so I will let them speak for themselves.
Some sheep



Two girls and their mums




I found this for you Badger but didn't buy it!


The Keepsakes book is aussie recipes and cute knitting patterns for my French penpal. Twisted Sisters has been on my wishlist for ages!




Three pairs of socks: Opal, something unidentified but a bargain at only $11 for 140g and some yummy alpaca 5ply at the bottom of the shot.




Lace! I could have bought so much more of this. The pink is kid mohair for me and the green is merino for a friend's birthday 300m/20g - I've never knit anything so fine, it will be Branching Out.



I also bought some Polworth tops to spin and dye some socks, a pressie for Amanda ;-) buttons, fudge for my poor left-behind husband (who probably preferred it that way) and other bits and pieces. After a quick cuppa at the farm we all came home again.

Must go, I have some serious knitting to do :-D

7 Comments:

At 3:56 pm, Blogger Piglottie said...

What a great haul - I love the colours of the yarn! Saw your post over on middleearthknitter and thought I would say hello, being another Tolkien fan who also knits. Hi!

 
At 4:45 pm, Blogger Emma said...

Beautiful Stuff! Sounds like a lot of fun.

 
At 6:25 pm, Blogger Spinningsue said...

Not jealous. Uh-uh. Nope. Not at all.

La la la I can't hear you.

:-)

 
At 9:27 pm, Blogger Badger said...

Ooh, nice stash, and a photo just for me too!

 
At 2:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"some sheep"?? Thats a lot of sheep there! I love your haul, what lovely colors. hehehe poor neglected husband. Looks like you had LOTS of fun!
Can't wait to see what you gots me girl! heheehe ; )

 
At 1:27 pm, Blogger blog-blethers said...

Just LOOK at those gorgeous yarns! I am drooling!! And am mega-impressed that you are decisive/ organised enough to pack life into a 20kg trunk! When I moved to Wales from Scotland the smallest I managed to get it down to was a Luton van!

 
At 8:37 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, it's fantastic. Love the colours. Can't wait to see the pics of the finished items. I've gotsome lace weight yarn that I bought online in a sale just because I liked the colour but it's so fine and I am too frightened to knit with it. LOL. Let me know how you get on with your lace weight yarn as you may inspire me to get something knitted with min.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home