Sunday, June 11, 2006

Day of the Swatches

It's funny, I'd never knitted a swatch before this year and now I can't seem to start a project without one. I think it has something to with me making up a lot more of my patterns and needing to check needle size etc.

Here are the latest few...

Lace pattern using a lovely Debbie Bliss yarn, I think the 8ply is too heavy for the wrist warmers I want to make though.








The same swatch in handspun silk/merino blend. This is about a 5ply and I think I like it much better although I prefer the purple colour.







The beginnings of my aran hat. I couldn't find a pattern I liked so yep, I'm making one up. Will definitely have the plaited cable but don't know about in between, maybe blackberry stitch.

1 Comments:

At 12:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done on your first dyeing attempt, next time three colours!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home